What: An 8-week volunteering experience for 12+ hours per week to help elect Brooke Lierman as Maryland’s first woman Comptroller and to learn about how campaigns work! Learn about Brooke at BrookeLierman.com.
Who: Seeking rising high school sophomores, juniors, seniors and recent high school graduates who have an enthusiasm for civic life, liberal politics, and are interested in learning new skills and meeting new people! No prior political experience needed.
When: June 21, 2021 – August 20, 2021, flexible 12 hours per week (with optional Saturday door-knocking sessions).
Virtual or in-person: The core of the fellowship will be run virtually. Some opportunities will be in-person pending COVID-19 trends, however in-person opportunities will be optional.
Why: Because we need your help to ensure that Brooke is elected as our next Comptroller! Brooke will focus on solving the many challenges on income-based issues facing Maryland communities, families and small businesses. She will work to unlock the potential that exists in this state but which is out of reach for so many!
The fine print:
- This is a volunteer opportunity where we can provide proof of volunteer time for those who need it
- You will hear weekly from speakers in Maryland and national politics
- You will learn how to use VAN – VoteBuilder – upon which all Democratic campaigns rely. You will help input data, etc.
- You will interact with voters (in a safe way) at events around the state and knock on doors in key precincts and area
- Your input on any work of the campaign will be welcome
- You will start helping to organize your school/community – hosting a virtual or in-person event with other folks from your Maryland school, etc., so you know what it’s like to do on-the-ground organizing
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a letter of recommendation and a member of the campaign will be happy to serve as a reference for future opportunities.
To Apply: Complete this Google Form by May 7th, 2021. You can also access the Google Form at bit.ly/HSFellowshipBLFM.
Deadline to Apply: May 7. Everyone who applies will be notified by May 14th if they have been selected for the program. Accepted applicants will be sent details on the program, an official start date/time, and a memorandum about the Fellowship and working with the campaign!
Thank you! We’re excited to work with you to Build a Better Maryland!