Beginning Friday, September 16, Comptroller Candidate Brooke Lierman will kick off her Build A Better Maryland statewide tour by participating in several roundtables around the state over the coming weeks. The roundtables will be an opportunity for Brooke to hear directly from Marylanders and to share her vision to ensure that Maryland’s families and more than 580,000 small businesses have the access and resources needed from the Comptroller of Maryland’s office to thrive.
“Maryland should be a state where families can thrive and entrepreneurs can create and grow businesses. Small businesses are critical to generating economic growth and to expanding jobs in our state,” said Lierman. “Maryland needs to ensure we have the investments and tools to support and grow companies at home. We cannot lose Maryland talent and jobs to other states.”
The Build a Better Maryland Tour will bring Brooke to jurisdictions across Maryland for roundtables on a variety of topics related to the Comptroller’s office that are important to the voters of Maryland. At each stop, Brooke will participate in in-depth policy discussions and identify the opportunities and challenges for each community.
The initial roundtables are listed below with more to come:
- Sept 16 at 8:00 am: Effective Partnerships with Municipal Leaders
- DC Homme – 317 Main St, Laurel, MD 20707
- Sept 20 at 8:00 am: Growing Business in Prince George’s County
- Vista Marketplace – Second Floor Community Room – 10201 Martin Luther King Jr Hwy, Bowie, MD 2072
- Sept 29 at 3:00 pm: Efficient and Effective Tax Administration
- Address: TBD – Annapolis Region
- Sept. 30 at 11:00 am: Strengthening Organized Labor
- Insulators 24, 901 Montgomery St, Laurel, MD 20707, USA
- Oct. 4 at 10:00 am: Growing Tech in Maryland
- Address: TBD
- Oct. 5 at 10:45 am: Manufacturing: Make it in Maryland
- Address: TBD – Baltimore County
- October 7 at 10:00 am: Creating Opportunity: Women in Business
- Address: TBD – Greater Baltimore Region
- October TBD: The Comptroller’s Office and Implementing the Black Agenda
- Address: TBD – Baltimore Region
As Comptroller, Brooke will be an independent voice for Marylanders, ensuring taxpayers receive the best value for their tax dollars, preventing waste and fraud, and unlocking opportunities for every Maryland resident, family, and business. You can read Brooke’s full policy agenda here.